Jubal Ince helps companies fill open jobs while developing a holistic talent acquisition program that drives future inbound applicants. Through a combination of sourcing, strategy development, recruitment marketing, training, and recruitment platform optimization, I help companies make better hires faster and at reduced cost per hire.
I have over a decade of experience working with top companies such as Microsoft and Intel, and I’ve taken multiple internet properties to acquisition. I can be hired by companies or individuals for anything ranging from comprehensive retained engagements to private training sessions.
(Download as Word document)
To help companies develop and implement holistic recruiting strategies while teaching their recruiting staff how to recruit smarter.
Washington State University | Pullman, Washington
Bachelor’s Degree in Communications with a concentration on Public Relations
Minor in Business Administration with focus on International Business
• Expert in defining and implementing strategies, tools, processes, and architectures to optimize and track candidate attraction efforts.
• Online media expert who successfully launched, ramped, and sold a network of job boards that received over 8 million organic page views per month at the time of sale.
• Over twelve years of experience creating holistic sourcing programs that incorporate social media, open web search, database marketing, job boards, and referral programs, all while delivering a resonant employer brand and a positive candidate experience.
• Frequently deliver training to internal Microsoft audiences of 60+ attendees.
• Experience partnering inside and outside of the business to reach mutual goals. Strong collaborator who seeks out stakeholders and navigates ambiguous situations well.
Workday | Pleasanton, California | 12.12 – present
Talent Community Manager
• Research and compile talent market information
• Map internal and external talent and target similar profiles
• Engage talent at high volume
• Contribute to overall talent acquisition strategy
Microsoft Corporation | Redmond, Washington | 07.10 – 6.12
• Hired as first dedicated Talent Sourcer for Microsoft’s cloud businesses, one of the company’s most visible endeavors (Azure, Office365, AppFabric, etc.).
• Developed holistic strategy to source top passive and active talent.
• Leverage multiple recruiting tools and tactics involving job boards, Boolean search, LinkedIn Recruiter, Twitter, Facebook, online communities, and more.
• Created Seattle Cloud Professionals LinkedIn Group. Grew group to over 2,300 members. Regularly engaged members via content distribution and auto job posting.
• Delivered quarterly best practice training to various groups of 60+ members focused on sourcing automation, social media recruiting, and direct bulk email marketing.
• Implemented comprehensive external candidate pipeline workflow across organization.
• Consistently exceeded hire quotas.
• Mapped talent from competitive companies and engaged candidates at high volume.
• Used my vast online media expertise to reach targeted candidate demographics via SEO, SEM, social co-branding, direct mail, and indirect social recruitment marketing, and talent community development.
Recruiter Media LLC | Woodland, Washington | 06.08 – 08.10
• Successfully took internet job board startup to acquisition.
• Built website traffic through search engine optimization, automated content distribution, social media, viral marketing, and strategic partnerships. Web traffic at time of acquisition was 8 million page views (“hits”) from over 2 million unique visitors (all organic).
• Drove peak applicant flow to over 2500 new applicants per day.
• Architected and implemented processes and tools to optimize traffic monetization and ensure return visits from new users.
• Developed processes to automatically aggregate content from partners, organize, and distribute via email (over 80,000 subscribers) and outbound feeds to larger aggregators.
• Under recruitment marketing agency offering, created holistic sourcing programs for clients by leveraging the Recruiter Media job board network, on-demand sourcing services, social media, search engine optimization (SEO) and search engine marketing (SEM).
• Shared best practices with clients to educate them of low-cost, high-reach sourcing tactics (RSS-to-Twitter-to-LinkedIn, automated referral requests, direct database marketing, etc.)
• Directly managed all legal, financial, and operational aspects of business.
• Managed retained staff consisting of web developer, graphic designer, and systems administrator.
• Developed solid understanding of server administration, MySQL database administration, and PHP/HTML development.
Microsoft Corporation | Redmond, Washington | 03.06 – 6.08
• Was hired as full-time employee at the end of contract assignment
• Acted as shared sourcing resource for several staffing consultants in Online Services Division (Bing, adCenter)
• Used creative sourcing strategies to locate and engage candidates for hard-to-fill requirements as well as high-volume “pipeline” requirements.
• Communicated with staffing consultants and hiring managers to develop tailored talent acquisition tactics.
• Solicited manager feedback and consultatively streamlined communication channels and overall pipeline quality.
• Recruited product managers, product planners, brand strategists, product strategists, search engine marketing professionals, online advertising managers, and marketing managers via headhunting, internet sourcing, networking, and other various means.
• Worked with recruiters in other departments to share information and consolidate recruiting efforts.
• Maintained a positive rapport with managers, staffing consultants, and staffing associates to ensure positive multi-directional communication.
• Met guidelines for candidate submittals and hires.
• Maintained ongoing load of 25+ job requisitions.
Intel Corporation | Hillsboro, Oregon | 08.05 – 03.06
• Source, screen, and recruit passive and active candidates for newly-created Digital Health group.
Communicate with managers to determine specific needs and proper methods of conveying information to candidates.
• Recruit technical, scientific, and healthcare professionals for a wide range of niche positions via headhunting, internet sourcing, networking, and other various means.
• Work with recruiters in other departments to share information and consolidate recruiting efforts.
• Maintain a positive rapport with managers and staffing assistants to ensure positive multi-directional communication.
• Meet and exceed weekly guidelines for candidate submittals.
• Maintain ongoing load of 25+ job requisitions.
BearingPoint Inc. | McLean, Virginia | 12.04 – 08.05
• Recruit and screen candidates for various positions throughout the United States and Canada.
• Staffed various positions for a large-scale SAP tax collection and disbursement implementation for the British Columbian government.
• Schedule interviews and recruiting events for various managers in various locations.
• Manage fulfillment of over 20 requisitions at a time.
• Maintain short “time-to-fill” period while maintaining high quality of hires and low turnover.
• Locate candidates through a wide range of resources and techniques including headhunting, referral networking, and internet search.
• Establish and maintain database of hundreds of candidates for current and future requisitions in SAP implementation, system architecture, project management, proposal management, software engineering, and more.
Creative Assets Inc. | Portland, Oregon | 1.03 – 08.04
• Develop sourcing, screening, and placement strategies for a variety of companies throughout the Portland metropolitan area.
• Proactively source design professionals for positions with graphic design, apparel design, advertising, marketing, and public relations firms.
• Maintain open channel of communication with managers to guarantee their hiring needs are consistently being met.
• Update and maintain candidate and employee database.
• Represent company at seminars, conferences, and other industry events.
• Screen potential candidates to assess their technical skills, personalities, and ability to fulfill requirements of client companies.
• Form strategic relationships with local and national colleges to identify and attract recent and future graduates.
• Implement proactive recruiting strategies to provide a steady stream of qualified candidates.
• Build rapport with candidates and employees, establishing myself as a positive resource for them in their career.
• Manage online and print recruitment advertising campaigns.
• Maintain local network of hundreds of hiring managers and local creative candidates including graphic designers, copywriters, editors, illustrators, creative directors and production artists.
Recruiter Networks LLC | Portland, Oregon | 10.01 – 12.02, 08.04 – 12.04
• Developed overall recruiting strategies and procedures of online employment advertising startup, and managed these processes on a day-to-day basis.
• Sourced, screened, and hired 24 sales managers, each located in a different major US city.
• Assembled in-house technical team, including web developer, database administrator, and systems administrator.
• Monitored activity of new hires, and guided them through orientation process.
• Recruiting process of 29 original employees was completed in less than 45 days. 100% of hires were complete within 90 days.
• Developed and maintained weekly and monthly reporting process to monitor quality of hire, effectiveness of sourcing channels, and referral network.
• Maintained attrition rate of 10%.
• Established relationships with other vendors.
• Company reached profitability after six weeks of operation and has maintained profitability since.
• Supported the business sporadically before returning in 2008 to assume full ownership.
Kforce Professional Staffing | Portland, Oregon | 7.00 – 5.02
Account Executive / Technical Recruiter
• Identified potential clients and candidates via Internet sourcing, networking, and cold calling.
• Consistently staffed positions for clients in technical industries, including engineering, consumer goods, hardware, software, and biotech.
• Consistently met and exceeded revenue quotas on a weekly and monthly basis.
• Managed 15-20 local client accounts by providing excellent customer service while staffing internal technical openings.
• Proactively met with clients to discuss technical hiring needs and upcoming projects.
• Performed analysis of client-specific projects, and assisted clients in determining effective approaches to staffing-related problems.
• Consistently maintained contact with existing and potential clients to reinforce established relationships while developing new ones.
• Screened potential candidates to assess their technical skills and personalities, and their ability to fulfill requirements of client companies.
• Build rapport with candidates and establish myself as a positive resource for them in their job search.
• Maintained local network of hundreds of hiring managers and local technical candidates.
• Updated and maintained individual sales reports and forecasts, as well as candidate information in a custom database.
Aerotek | Renton, Washington | 9.99 – 6.00
• Recruited individuals in volume for light industrial, warehousing, logistics, and engineering positions throughout the greater Seattle metropolitan area.
• Networked with other public and private employment agencies to establish myself in the community as a positive recruiting resource.
• Assisted clients in developing effective internal recruiting processes.
• Conducted dozens of in-person interviews daily, and maintained a database to track and locate candidates and positions became available that met their requirements.
• Created advertisements to attract appropriate candidates and worked with hiring managers to concisely develop their written job descriptions.
• Assisted job seekers with resume preparation, interview techniques, and career assessment.
• Represented company at seminars, conferences, and other community events.
• Created and implemented custom recruiting strategies to include:
o Internal and external job fairs, designed to attract large quantities of applicants to our office
o Partnerships with government employment agencies
o Offline marketing/branding campaigns (fliers, print media, road-side advertising, product placement at local merchants, etc.)
• Internet marketing
• Organic gardening and permaculture